Tuesday 23 June 2009

Indian contribution to English

After all the chaos, the stage is set, it's final. I am traveling to London today. In fact, in my mind I am already roaming the streets of London and I am eagerly waiting to meet old pals tomorrow. In "Tuesdays with Morrie", a professor on a death bed defines a perfect day as a day when you meet your family members, friends. Spend time sharing news, view, humor and guffaws. The same things should come to life in a few hours time. Looking for a fantastic looooong weekend ahead!!!

I am remembering this incidence as I am about to travel. I was traveling to Berlin last year. Eurolines Bus journey from Leuven to Brussels-North en-route to Berlin is hardly around 20-30 minutes and it was in my destiny to be occupying a seat along side a stage actor from Jordan, who apparently was traveling to perform in London. He seemed know everybody in Bollywood. From Bacchans to Khans and Rekhas to Deepikas. After a while he said to me, "Don't take it personally but take it as a joke." I wondered,"What the hell this guy going to narrate". "You know British ruled India for a long long while and you surely have a lot of bad memories about it". He continued as I nodded. "So once a British guy tells an Indian, you know dude, we f**ked Indians for 150 long years...you imagine....150 long years." And then the cool Indian responded," You know dude, you are right, you fucked us for 150 years and we have been fucking Engligh forever.....you imagine....forever."

With "Jay Ho" entry in the litterary world, it's but obvious that we have been doing a fantastic job.

Adios!!
Guru

No comments:

/* Tracking The Web page through Google Analytics */