Thursday 2 July 2009

Autographs of Boris Becker and Michael Stich during Wimbledon 2009

If you have met me in my school days and queried about my favorite tennis player, I would have had no second thought to answer, "It's none other than Boris Becker". I enjoyed everything about him. His demeanor on court was electric. Eyes with white lids demonstrated self confidence and eagerness to win. The only player employing somersaults on the net while returning the ball, he would fight tooth and nail till the last moment. He was no doubt my favorite. I really really enjoyed his commitment, never say die attitude. Predominantly a serve and volley player, he was equally strong from the baseline to make a perfect tennis player. Prior to my departure to Wimbledon 2009 if you would have even hinted me that I would get the glimpses of Boris Becker I would have treated you with nuts, chocolates, cream or whatever you ever wished. Better still, I would have sponsored your Wimbledon trip.

As soon as we entered the Centre Court, I could not only see him from close quarters but could obtain his autograph. Not only him, I could also get Michael Stich on the same paper, one next to the other. Do remember, Boris Becker and Michael Stich played in the Wimbledon Single's Finale in 1991. In 2009, we captured them standing across the courts again. This time broadcasting for different channels in Wimbledon. I am extremely enthralled to have these autographs. Simply an outstanding Souvenir to cherish...

Becker's first autograph pictured below was comparatively easy to obtain as I just had to be a part of the herd waiting (~20 mins) for his interview to be over. I was lucky to be the first or second to be signed by him. Being greedy, I put forward another paper for Mr and Mrs. Millionaire. Becker was very clever as he completely ignored me signing almost every paper in the vicinity. I realized I had to do something different. So, instead of the paper, I did put forward a Wimbledon 2009 brand new ball after a while and I patiently waited till he finished signing for all his fans. He looked at me again suggesting I have not understood his hidden message. Our eyes locked and I probably had the most imploring look ever as I mumbled, "Please Sir". I exulted in disbelief as soon as he signed the ball. If you want to have the sight of the ball, you are most welcome.

Autograph of Boris Becker



Michael Stich on the same paper

Mrs. Millionaire did obtain Becker's autograph on their queue card outside the Centre Court. But, it's a story she should narrate...

Dr. Bond was at his adamant best stating that he is above all these stupid (fanatic) fantacies of collecting autographs. To state the least, he is certainly willing to take time off to sign for his admirers. Anybody in queue?

2 comments:

sprightly said...

LMAO!

"imploring look" - would u pleeeassse demo that to us!! LOL, so funny!

Man, u have a way with words, very compelling read...esp the eyes communicating part.

Am very happy for you, that the T20 debacle was more than made up for! :)

Guru De Fundae said...

Thanks for the good words Mr. Traveler.

I hope I could do something when you were roaming in exotic Iceland....... place to go one day for me.

'll demonstrate imploring look during one of drink breaks. anyway, feeling like i need to find my way to dramatics. This one will be good one to start with.

Ciao,
Guru

/* Tracking The Web page through Google Analytics */