Thursday 24 September 2009

Hope is a good thing and...

Life certainly is a journey full of Twist and Turns, incredibly Topsy and amazingly Turvy. You never know when and where you will find your chosen one and what will help you to figure out that he/she is the one. If you are an ardent believer of serendipity, luck by chance, sudden change of fate, follow omens all the time you have reason to be always optimistic, even in the worst of the circumstances. In his wildest dreams, Harish Kumar - an auto driver from Jaipur would hardly have dreamt of celebrating his honeymoon in America but now he must not only be ecstatic for finding his love but also excited about spending cherishable times ahead: HarishMarryingWhitney

Reflecting the story on the my wilderness, I have the reached the conclusion that there are three (m thinking for more and your aid is welcome) major obstacles:

0. I am not an auto driver *.
1. There are no autos in Belgium.
2. and hence no Belgian/Europian girl drives them.

LoL...So, disheartening :-( but I am still not lost. With a card open and close to my heart, I keep believing in Gabriel García Márquez theory from Love in the time of Cholera: "Hope is a Good Thing and Good Things don't Die".

_____________________________________________________________
* Autos and Taxis are two distinct vehicles and hence Auto driver and Taxi driver should be treated with similar distinction.

7 comments:

sagnik said...

guruji, yeh serendepity ka after/ side effect toh nahi hai na ???? :-)

Mridula said...

I have read Love in the Time of Cholera twice! Lovely quote.

Vidyanand Mandpe said...

Guru its like a jackpot I think...
play many wins one.I now have to read "Love in the time of Cholera"

sprightly said...

Oh god, why is my name not "Harish"...why should it be "Hariharsudan" :-(

Same sentiments guru...same sentiments! ;-)

sprightly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Guru, If I remember correctly, these lines are from Stephen King novella "Rita Hayworth & The Shawshank Redemption" which was adapted for the film "The Shawshank Redemption".

Guru De Fundae said...

Sagnik babu,
may be 'Serendipity' is an after effect :)

Mridula,
It's a wonderful book. You can certainly read it time and again.

Vidyanand,
Somehow I tend to believe in the goodness of a human being than otherwise. Hope they live happier!!!

Hari,
We are in the same boat so same sentiments are indeed valid.

Aniket,
I have not read the book "Shawshank Redemption" but the movie is certainly one of the all time greats. I checked again. It has a modified version of the statement which says,"Hope is a good thing, may be the best of things and no good thing ever dies." So true :)

/* Tracking The Web page through Google Analytics */