Wednesday 16 September 2009

Incredible Racquet Shots

Although Federer was not lucky enough against Del Petro in the US Open finals, this US Open 2009 would always be in the memory for an incredible shot Federer played against Djokovic during the semifinal bout: http://www.youtube.com/FedererShot

Djokovic looks in complete control of the point until Federer came up with this spectacular beauty out of nowhere. To me the shot was the shot of the Day, shot of the championship, shot of the Year and may be the most incredible shot of the century. This is what makes racquet sports so spectacular, so much entertaining to watch. This is what we as spectators love to watch and savor for a long long time.

Here are some incredible shots in other racquet sports. I love to watch these time and again:

Peter Gade, the danish badminton player has been at the helm of the top badminton circuit for a long long time now. The incredible deceptive forehand he played against his opponent is what I look forward to play every time I land on court: http://www.youtube.com/PeterGadeTrickShot

During my entire tenure at National Semiconductor - Bangalore, what everybody in the Office was passionate about was Ping Pong/Table Tennis (TT). Not to mention that, each and everyone of us improved manifolds in our game because of the competitive spirits with which we used to play. Wish the guys nowadays are practicing with the same zeal and are now trying some of these top 10 Table Tennis shots/rallies: http://www.youtube.com/TopTenTTShots

Being at the top of the sport, the stars make it look so easy but the fact of the matter is that they do practice these shots and it's not that they get simply lucky on the day. I am sure Federer must have tried his shot during numerous practice sessions as Peter Gade is practicing his forehand/backhand trick shots (for those who want to practice) for the audiance:
http://www.youtube.com/PeterGadeTrickshotPractice


Simply Incredible!!! Long Live Racuqet Sports!!!

4 comments:

Mridula said...

At my previous workplace there were five of us who would stay back and play TT. I was the only women and they did not take it kindly that I would beat them all at singles. :D

Bragging apart, it was such good fun. I have seen the Federer shot and I would catch up with other videos too.

Guru De Fundae said...

Mridula,

Any self-respecting male sole would feel agitated loosing to a woman. Don't really know why?

I myself have seen better women players in TT, Bady, Tennis, Chess. Well, name a sport.

Although I do not like to take a defeat against anybody in any sport that easily, I really don't mind loosing to a good player, be it a man or a woman. On the contrary, it helps me improve my own game.

If I play tennis against Steffi Graph or Martina. How much winning chances do I stand?

You should join National for playing TT. It's indeed a lot of fun playing in the Office.

sprightly said...

Yeah i saw the federer shot live...baffles description!!

The gade shot in baddy, pheww...what an ***(fill in some unparliamentary word)***** awesome shot!

Now, watch one of my favourite free-kicks in soccer and a goal from an impossible angle...to give u some footballing education (as promised)...experience the famous roberto carlos magnum force thru these clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t5MF7NRQh4&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwRYYeEk5Eg&NR=1

Guru De Fundae said...

The 2nd one is a stellar shot, BRAVO!!! Roberto Carlos was one of my favorites when Brazil won the WC last time. To my memory, he was also the culprit of Brazil's loss in a WC, after which he retired.

/* Tracking The Web page through Google Analytics */